Monday, April 27, 2009

Busy, Busy Weekend

This weekend has been really busy. I worked on Friday and then went to our church who was hosting a Creation Weekend. Dr. Rob Carter, from Georgia, who works with Creation Ministries International came and gave four different sessions on Creation. It was very interesting. The first talk was kind of an overview on Creation and Darwin. He is very passionate about his work. His is a geneticist/scientist/creationist. He has done many things including scuba dive all over the world as a marine biologist. I am still not really sure what his official title is, but he loves the field of genetics. The second thing we did on Friday night was watch a brand new film targeted to non-Christians about Darwin and his life. It was very interesting; it was mainly produced to get people asking questions about evolution and its false assumptions. It is a first class documentary and they hope to be able to broadcast it on Discovery. I would have liked to see it "disprove" evolution more openly, but their focus was to target groups who would not listen to a Christian film. On Saturday morning, the first session was all about dinosaurs. This was my favorite session and the kids were mesmerized by it too. They loved hearing about dinosaurs and really paid attention. I wish I could remember more about what he said, but it was fascinating. The next talk was about the field of genetics and how this field increasingly disproves evolution. He also said that most evolutionists know that evolution could not happen, but they refuse to admit it openly. The last session was about the history of Darwin. All in all, the information was astounding. Yesterday, we had church in our brand new building. Our old building burned about 4 years ago and we had been meeting in our gym ever since. The new building is so pretty and the singing was just fabulous. The accoustics are phenomenal. Last night, I went running with our pastor's wife (who ran a marathon in Jackson, TN, last weekend). She took it easy on me and we ran for 7 minutes, walked a minute, 8 minutes, walked a minute, 8 minutes, walked 2 minutes, and then the rest gets a little fuzzy. I told her to keep me running even when I wanted to quit and she did for the most part. I have not run since last Tuesday (which was not a good run) and I was scared to try again. But, last night felt pretty good.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks Julie for your comment! I am sure that you will be running next year! Hope your hip feels better, my knee was giving me fits last week, and almost didn't run Saturday, but so glad that I did. Can't wait to get to know you and your children better!

    ReplyDelete