Saturday, April 4, 2009

Good Day To Run

Saturday promised to be such a beautiful day, that I got a hare-brained scheme to drive to Tippah Lake to get our run in and to eat a picnic lunch. I tried to orchestrate a gathering of my siblings and the kids, but it didn't work out that way. After waiting until 11:00 for everyone to decide what they were going to do, Kirsten, Alec and I headed for the lake. It really was a beautiful day!!
Kirsten and Alec before our run. I made a deal with Alec -- if he ran the whole 5K route without stopping, we would stay for three hours at the lake; if he ran 2 miles without stopping, we would stay 2 hours; if he only ran 1 mile, we would only stay 1 hour. Needless to say, with that kind of incentive, Alec ran the entire course, and it is a tough course. Kirsten ran all but about 5 steps; she took a break halfway down a hill to catch her breath before running back up. I was able to run 12 minutes, walk 5 minutes, and run 12 minutes just as I was supposed to run. This was my first "solo" run (without my sister/running partner), and I wasn't sure if I would be able to push myself to finish. I kept telling myself, "This is what you want, this is what you want!" Kirsten posing on the pier.
Alec poses as well.
What a way to relax? after a long, hard run. You wouldn't know that he pushed himself so hard.
Kirsten's favorite mode of transportation; her legs do not appear to be tired either.

No comments:

Post a Comment