Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Picnic at Tippah Lake

After the egg hunt, we went to Tippah Lake to run and have a picnic. We had planned on the kids running some, but we decided that since they were running tomorrow with their teammates, that we would let them have a day of from running. My sister and I ran and I struggled yet again. She was able to run her 2 16 minute segments, but I ran the first 14 minute segment and not much of the second segment. I looked down and realized that I did not have my running shoes on; I only had my regular shoes on. I think my brain convinced my body that it couldn't run in regular shoes, because my foot started hurting and my knees started hurting, but that only happened after I realized I had the wrong shoes on. I hope to be able to post that I had a great 5K on Saturday. But, I won't know for three more days. I hope to be able to push myself beyond my comfort zone. I hope to be able to finish under 35 minutes. I will find out on Saturday as the kids and I are running a 5K in Ripley. Playing in front of the camper. My family will be camping at Tippah Lake this weekend and celebrating Alec's birthday party also. We will run Saturday morning and then go back to the camper and have his party. We won't be back until Sunday. Mitch took the camper up yesterday to make sure we got the spot we wanted and I wanted to check everything and the kids had a great time playing.

1 comment: