Friday, April 10, 2009

Strange Weather

Today the weather was very strange. But we all survived just fine. My mother was watching the kids today while I was working. She had to make a short trip to town for an errand. It was raining when she got there and she locked the kids in the car. While inside, it started hailing and it hailed a whole lot in a very short time. She was able to see the kids and when it stopped hailing, she saw the kids get out of the car and pick up some hail and taste it. I don't think that Kirsten or Alec has ever seen hail before and they were amazed by it and not scared of being in the car by themselves -- (My mother did not realize that we were having bad weather). When she returned to the car the kids were so excited and asked her if she had seen the hail. She replied that she had and then asked, "How did it taste?" Kirsten looked really puzzled and couldn't figure out how she knew they had unlocked the doors and gotten out. My mother decided not to rebuke them for getting out, even though she had told them not to unlock the doors. She had enough compassion to realize that they were just curious. Such is the life of kids. I laughed when she told me the story.

1 comment:

  1. Wow! I bet Nana was a little nervous! There was a huge hail storm in Lubbock, Tx. April 16. They had to get the snow plows out as it froze together in a lot of places in huge piles. People said they had never seen anything like it before. I get nervous when it hails as a lot of times a tornado is close by. Pam G.

    ReplyDelete