Monday, May 4, 2009

It's That Time Again

I arrived home from work today and saw four boxes of books on my table. Yes, it is time to order school books for next year even though we are not quite through with this year. I had ordered from Library and Educational Services and also from ABeka Book. The kids were excited about the first set and not about the second set. If you have not ordered from L.E.S, I strongly urge you to check out their website. It is http://www.libraryanded.com/ . They run specials about four times a year, so be patient and wait on the sales. They are running a 30-83% off sale right now on most of their stuff. The books I ordered were almost all half off. You have to register as homeschooled to order, but they have great service, quick to ship, and excellent and educational books.
Kirsten was moaning when I was opening the stuff from ABeka. I was looking through the books and called her to come and see them. She looked at them and her eyes lit up and she decided that maybe school would be fun next year. It happens like that every year. At first, everything is new and exciting and then towards the end of the year, we are just plugging away just to get everything done. But, it looks like she will enjoy sixth grade and I hope Alec will enjoy fourth grade. For now, I will set the books aside until we get done with this current school year.

2 comments:

  1. I would love to learn more about homeschooling from you. We are considering homeschooling our two kids. I'm glad you mentioned the names of the places you order your books from.

    I like Pioneer Women's blog. If you haven't heard of her before or checked her blog out, I think you will like her. She is an excellent photographer and homeshooling wife of a true Cowboy. You can find her link on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI JULIE!!!
    YOU ARE ON THE BALL!
    I WILL CHECK OUT THE WEBSITE. THANKS FOR SHARING. WILL YOU ALL BE AT THE TYE DYE 5K IN TUPELO? WE PLAN TO BE. HOPE TO SEE YOU SOON.
    LOVE,
    LIESA

    ReplyDelete