Saturday, May 30, 2009

Learning to Enjoy Photography Again

The last few days, I have rediscovered my passion for photography. This passion has waned in the last year and a half, even though I never stopped taking pictures and lots of them. I was only doing it halfheartedly. After reading some other blogs I have been experimenting with the many settings that my camera has and here are some pictures that I took yesterday.
It is truly mind-boggling to really notice the beauty in a simple flower. A flower's only purpose in life is to bloom and then die and we often don't stop to notice the wonderful Maker's design in each individual flower...
...in the serenity in the horse taking a rest from the hot May sun in the shade...
...another amazing example of beauty.
Even two "monkeys" in a tree look different when taken from a different angle and with a different lens.
The majesty of our nation's flag set against a magnificent blue sky.
I even captured the true "impishness" of my nephew, Preston, who is always causing or getting into trouble.
A different angle of the same flag, the same sky, but this time with some clouds and some leaves.
I love this picture of Kirsten jumping rope.

2 comments:

  1. The picture of the Lily is breath taking. Wow!

    Blessings,
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was really behind on your blog. What fun & a real joy to see your children, relatives, and the friends y'all have. You did a magnificent job on several pictures!! I love watching your children grow. What a trooper you are to home school, run, photography, & all the other mother & wife duties require!! God bless. Pam Guffey

    ReplyDelete