Saturday, January 9, 2010

New Year's Resolutions?

Well, it is that time of year and we all make them. I hope that your's are going better than mine. I have started to use my Wii Fit Board again in addition to all my other exercising. Unfortunately, part of that is getting weighed daily. You would think that with cutting back -- to no soft drinks and almost no sweets (I mean nada, zilch) -- and with exercising 4 times a week at the gym and staying active at home, that I would see a little movement on the scale. Oh, by the way, there is movement it is just in the wrong direction, :( I am not giving up however, and I realize that it may start happening one day soon.
It is hard to juggle working two days a week, school five days a week, and exercising at least 4 days a week and hopefully 6-7 when the weather cooperates. Three years ago, it was no big deal to get up at 5:30 every morning and walking anywhere from 5-6 miles and then walking in the afternoon also. That was three years ago and I am not quite there yet. It is so hard to get in a routine of getting up that early to exercise when you bed is so comfortable. I love the winter months and I love being outside in the cold. But, I do not like being out in the dark and the cold. It is hard to get in any kind of routine right now, but hopefully soon I will get up everyday to walk/run. I know that it only takes three days for something to become a habit and I hope that when the temperature goes up later this week, that I will start that habit. Right now, I will content myself with going to the gym on Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday.

No comments:

Post a Comment