Sunday, January 24, 2010

Kirsten's Birthday Party

For Kirsten's 12th birthday, we invited a bunch of girls over to a spend the night party at my boss's pool house. We had an awesome time, but didn't get much sleep.
My friend Sherrie, from West Memphis, enjoys making cakes for my kids and always does a "fantabulous" job. Her cakes are awesome, amazing, creative, gorgeous, awe-inspiring, cool, and many other adjectives. We cannot thank her enough for sharing her time and talent with us.
Kirsten received many handmade gifts and she loves them all. These girls are beyond amazing in their creativity.
She loved each and every gift, but I couldn't get close enough to see the gifts or photograph them.
She didn't really want to put candles on her cake or to cut the cake, because she didn't want to mess it up. But we did it anyway and she blew out all 12 candles and then everyone enjoyed the delicious cake. (Unfortunately, I still have some cake and am still eating it and gaining back all the weight that I might have lost. Birthday cake is the number one thing that I cannot say no to. It is my absolute favorite thing in the world to eat.)
The girls had so much fun swimming. We had to make them get out of the pool after three hours just to rest and eat.
They were knitting and crocheting while playing Apples to Apples and talking. The only time they were quiet was after 4 am when they were all sleeping.
We had so much fun hosting these creative girls and enjoyed seeing them interact with each other.
The talking continues...
A group picture of all the girls.

2 comments: