Saturday, January 31, 2009

Just an Update

I have been too busy this week to do my blog. I have been logging miles and hours on the Wii Fit. It is addictive after awhile. Since I am writing it down on my calendar, it spurs me on to doing better every day and week. I don't know if I can keep up this pace or not; my feet are complaining now. This week I have pounded out 43 miles and logged 8 hours on the Wii. That brings my total for January to 168 miles and 30:15 hours on the Wii. My house is suffering from the lack of cleaning, but my kids are still getting schoolwork done, even though they wish that I would forget about it. I am not trying to brag about the exercise, I am trying to make myself accountable to myself and to my friends and family. If I tell everyone about it, then I have to keep up with the same level of activity. At least that is what I tell myself. The kids have begun running again and some days go better than others. Sometimes their heads are on playing and not focused on running. Coach Heather has given us a schedule and we are trying to get them to follow it. I hope after a couple of weeks, their level of focus will come up and they will not be wanting to play Star Wars (with light sabers and their cousins) as much. They are supposed to spend 6 weeks in Group A and then move up to Group B and then onto Group C if possible by June. We are proud of what they accomplished last year and are hoping for good things this year. They are struggling a little bit so far, but I think that as they get more comfortable then they will be stronger than last year.

1 comment: