Thursday, February 5, 2009

Spin Class

Yes! I finally did a spin class with my friend Morgan. She finally talked me into it. I really wanted to do it but was afraid of how sore I would be the next day. Mitch was able to come pick up the kids after Fit Kids class at the Healthplex and we went into the class. Morgan had prepared me for how hard it was. Coach Heather also encouraged me to go and repeated about how sore I would be. All in all, I did pretty good. I went easy on the resistance and did not increase as much as recommended each time. My goal was to do the whole class and not stop rather than getting partway through and not being able to finish. Some of the exercises I could not complete as hard as everyone else was doing it. The bike pedals took some getting used to as well as trying to stand up and pedal. I do not do that on my street bike and I also coast when possible on the road -- not so in the class, no coasting for the weary. I decided not to do to much of the up and down repetitive movements until my body gets more used to it. I have been doing lots of walking and lots of step-ups and I think that my upper thighs could not handle too much more on Tuesday during the class. I really hope that I can push harder next week and feel better about my fitness level. I just purchased new running shoes for me and also for the kids as all of ours were almost worn out. We hope to use these shoes for running only and thereby get more months of use out of them. Kirsten has a pretty bad cold right now and was not able to run much today. It was really windy and pretty cool and I wasn't sure how much the cold wind would affect her cold. Alec "fell" today and "hurt" himself and stopped running. I did not see the fall and did not think that he was really hurt but since I could not prove that he was not hurting, I let him stop running also. He is going to have to get more motivated about running or everyone else will leave him in the dust.

1 comment:

  1. Whoopee!! What a great job you do on the blog & your exercise program is amazing! I am so thrilled for you. Your health & beauty will shine even more! Keep up the good work & stay motivated. Pam

    ReplyDelete