Saturday, February 21, 2009

Happy Birthday, Claire

It's is Claire's 10th birthday and we had an impromptu party for her at my mother's house. Lisa had planned a different party for a different day but the plans fell through. My mother gives the kids a treasure hunt on their birthday -- she gives them 20 one dollar bills but she makes them hunt for each one. She puts one dollar in each envelope with a clue for the next one. This hunt had to be in the house because it was raining. It was not quite as exciting (she has 7 acres to hide them in outside), but Claire had a blast. Tyler, Brandon, Preston, Claire, Kirsten, Alec, Jackson, Parker, Anna and Amber were all in attendance for the treasure hunt, gift opening, cake and ice cream. We had fun and the kids enjoyed everything.
I am trying to get inspired by Roan and Heather and get organized and get the kids to help more around the house. I get so many groans and complaints that I have just gotten used to doing it all by myself. They do help at times, willingly, but are not used to helping out everyday. I do realize that they will not learn unless I lead by example, which I am going to try to do this next week. It is so hard for this homeschooling mom to teach them school and then switch to mom and chore leader. I hope to learn how to do this better, as I know that they will be better adults for learning how to work hard now.
Kirsten and Alec have run three days this week and we hope to keep up with at least three days each week and sometimes 4 times a week. They are getting back to where they were when we stopped training, and they are getting excited about running a 5K that we know is coming up in April. They ran it last year and hope to blister their time from last year. I am still trying to walk lots and run little, but I have had an easier two weeks than the previous 5 weeks. I hope to get back in the groove of lots of mileage this coming week.

No comments:

Post a Comment