Wednesday, January 14, 2009

My Cousin Amanda

On Monday, my first cousin Amanda and her family dropped by for a brief visit. They are on their way to California, from New York, to live for at least three years. Her husband is a proud Marine and is being transferred. They thought that it would be easier to travel the southern part of the U.S. instead of the northern part, due to the weather. They have two children, Dylan (8)and Ethan (4 1/2), who fit right in with our 10 kids, (my mother's grandkids). All the kids got along famously, and R.J. unloaded his four-wheeler and took them each for a ride. He was beginning to think that the line of children waiting for a ride would never end. But, he was an incredible good sport and even took most of them for two rides. We all traipsed through the woods and over to Blue Mountain College to show everything to my cousin. I have not seen this cousin in 17 years as that was the last year for our family to travel to New York to visit relatives. We had a very good few hours visiting and hated to see them go, but understood that they must finish their journey and get unpacked in their new house.

1 comment:

  1. I wish we could have stayed longer. Now that I know Mississippi is not THAT far from NY, I am going to make it a mission to not stay away!!! I had so much fun. All those kids were amazing! I am so happy they took to each other as well as they did! And Claire even did well with the dog!
    You need to email me all the pictures Lisa and you took. I didn't realize that I didn't get ANY pictures while I was there!
    Miss you all so much!!
    Love,
    Amanda

    ReplyDelete