Tuesday, December 1, 2009

O Christmas Tree, O Christmas Tree

On Saturday, we traveled to Kossuth to a Christmas tree farm to select and cut our own tree. We have never done that before and thought it would be fun to do that. Of course, we had to walk through the entire lot and check every tree before we made our choice.
Mitch cuts down the tree.
Kirsten and Alec drag the tree to the wagon. They liked the idea at first, but decided that it was heavier than it looked.
We put the tree up on Saturday night and put the lights on it, but we did not put any ornaments on it until Sunday afternoon. We were afraid to decorate it until the cats got a little more used to it. We had purchased the new LED lights and used them, but we just did not like them (at all). The color was a cool clear bulb and we are used to the traditional look. So tonight, I completely undecorated the tree and put the old lights on it and then we re-decorated it. I am so happy that I put in the effort to redo the tree. Before, everytime I looked at it, the tree just felt cold and not warm and cozy that we are used to.
This is our Christmas tree. Now it feels like Christmas to me.

2 comments:

  1. So pretty! I love Christmas time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful! I hear you on the decorating and redecorating the Christmas tree. I thought I was the only one who did such a thing! LOL. :)Your tree looks great and I'm sure it smells wonderful as well.

    ReplyDelete