Sunday, November 22, 2009

Well .... I Survived!

Yesterday started at 5:00 am for me. I left the house and started running at 5:30 and ran for two miles before meeting up with my running buddies. Our goal was to run for 12 miles and since I had to work, my plan was to get started earlier so that I would not be too late for work. We ran 8 minutes and walked 2 the whole way ( there were a few seconds that I had to walk a little extra - thanks to the many hills in Blue Mountain ). But...I survived and that is what counts. I arrived home at 8:30 and showered and got dressed and left at 8:55 and drove to work. We worked until 1:30 and then drove immediately to the wedding of one of our co-worker's daughters. It was a nice wedding and the food was really good. I then had to drive for 45 minutes to pick up Alec who had spent the night with his grandparents. We stopped to pick up supper (I think I earned the right to not cook last night) and arrived home at 5:00. Alec and I ate and then I went to my bed to watch football. My bed felt sooooooo good after my long day. I expected to get up and feel sore and moving slow this morning, but I am feeling a lot better than I expected. Every time I have run a half marathon, I feel really bad for almost two weeks. That sounds like progress to me. I am not sure what mileage we will be running the next two weeks, but it will be slow and short. The half marathon in December 5th and I am optimistically excited about running it.

1 comment:

  1. Good job, Julie! You are doing what I can only dream of :) You sound like you are ready for the St. Jude!

    ReplyDelete