Friday, November 20, 2009

Just an Update

This week has been very busy for me -- but not as busy as last week. Saturday finished up our cross-country season with a bang. We had an awesome race and a great picnic at some friends house. On Sunday, we went to church and then that afternoon, two friends and I ran 9 miles. We slowed our pace down and ran (consistently, I mean the whole time) 8 minutes and walked 2 minutes. For those of you out there who don't live near me THAT WAS A MAJOR ACCOMPLISHMENT. I am a quitter when it comes to running and I have a million excuses as to why I have to stop NOW!
Also, on Sunday, I took the kids pictures and ordered my Christmas cards. They are now in my possession and I am almost done addressing all of them. I have never been this prepared this soon before. We have been trying to get school done this week so that we might take off a few days next week. I won't give us a whole week off even though it is tempting. I had to work yesterday and will work today and tomorrow.
Now about tomorrow...
Saturday for me will start around 5:30. We are planning on running for 12 miles to get our last long run in before the half-marathon. Right after we finish running, I have to come home to get ready for work. Right after work, I have to attend a wedding. I am not looking forward to a long day especially with tired legs. But I will put my big-girl-panties on and just do it anyway. I will just think that I am almost done with the run-training that I have to do. Then I can take some time off and recover. I am really excited this year to run the half marathon. I think that I am better prepared this year thanks to running with Rachel and I thank her for pushing (dragging) me to keep it up. I hopefully will not be sore for two weeks post run like I have been the last two years.

2 comments:

  1. Isn't it a great feeling to have those cards almost ready? Mine are all here, waiting to be assembled...address and return labels printed out, stamps bought.....ready and waiting!
    You will have a great day on Saturday. What a productive day that will be. The run 8 minutes/walk 2 minutes is a great accomplishment. You will have a super race!
    Hope to see you at St. Jude!
    This is actually Roan, I am at Jimmy's computer, and he is signed in! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. CONGRATS JULIE...I'M SOOOO PROUD OF YOU.
    YOU MAY BE A QUITTER, BUT AT LEAST YOU'RE A STARTER!!! LOL. I'M NOT EVEN A STARTER! I QUIT BEFORE I START! YOU'RE SUCH A BLESSING.
    CAN'T WAIT TO SEE THE CHRISTMAS PIC.

    LOVE,
    LIESA

    ReplyDelete