Saturday, November 28, 2009

Aprons for Grandma

This is the apron that Alec made for Grandma for Thanksgiving. I bought the kit from Oriental Trading and it was super easy to make.
This is the apron that Kirsten made for Grandma for Christmas. She had a great time making it.
This is a picture of Alec and Grandma together.
Kirsten and Grandma.
We had a great Thanksgiving this year. We went to Mitch's sister's house to eat with his family. We had tons of food and we ate a lot. We had a good time visiting with his family, but I forgot to get my camera out and take pictures.
We arrived home and had about an hour or two before we ate with my side of the family at my mother's house. There was lots of food there too and I ate way too much. But, isn't that part of Thanksgiving? Mom's cooking is what I really love and it doesn't feel like Thanksgiving until I eat her turkey, gravy, mashed potatoes and rolls. That is like a meal and dessert all rolled into one. Of course, she was not lacking in the dessert department either.
Friday morning, my sister and I got up early to drive to Wal-Mart for Black Friday shopping. I have never been before and she had only been once and I am not sure that I will go again, but it was not too bad. I do not like shopping in crowds and our Wal-Mart was crazy packed. We had no shopping cart (and if we had one, we could not have steered it through the store anyway), and it was difficult to get to an item to look at it anyway. I am tempted to stay home and shop online during the Christmas season anyway, and you can almost get everything online just like in the store.
We may put up our Christmas tree today and I will post picture of it if we do.

No comments:

Post a Comment