Thursday, August 6, 2009

Looking Forward to the Cross-Country Season

Today, we had another cross-country practice. It was very hot and the kids were tired but the biggest majority of them really performed their best. The practice was at a trail that my kids have run before and really are not that fond of, so I had a lot of groans when I told them where they were running. But they BOW-ED UP (our team slogan from last season) and ran anyway. Kirsten finished just a few seconds behind Alec and she was excited about that. Both she and Alec need to mentally prepare to run better than they have so far. I hope that serious practice two times a week will really help them improve their times. From the beginning of last season to the end in October, my kids improved by leaps and bounds. We have several "pint-sized" kids on our team that really can run and they run fast and they run hard. I really enjoy watching all of the kids improve over the season. I counted heads today (they moved around a bunch) and I counted at least 55 heads, so our "little" team has jumped to a "large" team. GO SPARTANS!!

3 comments:

  1. Heather said that 58 kids were on the roster. You counted very well! What a great team we have!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Julie!

    I read your comment on Liesa George's blog tonight. Do your kids run with Kale? Wow! 55 kids on a cross country team! That's a bunch! I do admire you for being so active with your kids! I have enjoyed reading many of your blog posts tonight and looking at the pictures. I know Diane is so proud to have all her grandchildren nearby.

    God bless!

    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete
  3. My 15 year old runs cross country. Our HS girls team is great. The boys team is down to only 3 runners..they won't even be able to compete as a team! Their coach is good but tough (colleges are after him) and they have lost several boys to graduation, and fear of running (LOL)
    Sounds like you have something great going there. Are you the coach?

    ReplyDelete