Saturday, August 15, 2009

Bodock 5K Race in Pontotoc

We went to Pontotoc last night so the kids could run the Bodock 5K.
The kids visit before the race begins.
Talking race strategy. Kirsten sizes up her competition.
Getting last minute instructions from the coach.
Catherine, Olivia, and Danielle confident before race time.
The girls love to be together and to have their picture taken -- that is, everyone but Catherine.
The runners line up at the starting line.
And they're off!!!!
Waiting on the awards to be announced. We had several winners between the kids and some parents. Many of the kids had never run a 5K before and we had good times out of everyone. We are definitely looking forward to watching them all improve over the course of the season. I am a little hoarse this morning because of all the cheering I did last night. I looked at the results on-line and I counted 53 kids and 12 parents (unless I missed someone). GO TEAM SPARTAN!!

2 comments:

  1. where can i find the results online?

    ReplyDelete
  2. From what every one has told me The Spartans did really well!! I miss XC SOOO MUCH!

    ReplyDelete