Monday, December 6, 2010

St. Jude Half Marathon 2010

On Friday, Alec and I drove to West Memphis, AR, so he could spend the night with a friend. Kirsten was spending the weekend in Memphis with some Spartan friends and actually got to come cheer me on at the race on Saturday. After I dropped Alec off, I drove back across the bridge to meet friends at the Cooke Convention Center to pick up our race packets.
Just a few of the people I know that were running the race on Saturday -- Yonea, Lynn, Amber, Me, Roan, Julie, and Olivia.
Another shot of our group with Mr. Kelly in the back, excited about running his first full marathon. After leaving the Expo, we drove to a church in Memphis to eat a spaghetti supper with some friends who were also running this race. After supper we drove to where we were sleeping, to attempt to get a good night's rest before the big day.
Race day came early for us and we were dressed and ready to run. Me, Yonea, and Amber getting ready to drop off our bags at the bag-check and then to go to the starting line.
Penny and me before the race. Penny ran awesome in her first ever full marathon! So proud of her!
Waiting on the full marathoners to come in with Amber.
We are a happy bunch, now that we are through running anyway. I did not have a great race and I was so glad to be done. Didn't achieve my goal time but glad that I didn't quit. Already thinking about next year though!!
On the way home, several of us stopped at Huey's to eat their world famous hamburgers.
The girls always have fun getting together and visiting.
Heather and me at Huey's.

2 comments:

  1. Great pictures! May have to steal a few! I think you look super cute in the hat:)
    Had fun and can't wait till next year!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Way to go Julie! I'm so proud of you. Even though you didn't meet your goal just having the "want to" and determination to finish is inspiring. We recently bought a treadmill and maybe, just maybe, someday I can run a race right beside you. :)

    ReplyDelete