Sunday, March 22, 2009

Space Center

Alec tried to climb the rock wall at the Space Center. He has tried in the past and not made it to the top and was determined to make it this time. He tried but did not make it all the way; even though, he made it farther than he had before. A family picture in front of a replica of the Saturn V rocket. Alec begged and begged to ride the Space Shot -- a ride that shoots you up a LONG way and then drops you straight down and then back up and down. It actually is over quite quickly unless you are one of the ones actually riding it. I couldn't let Alec ride all by himself, so I rode it with him. I used to enjoy these rides when I was a teenager, but realized about three years ago that I don't love them any more. Alec however, got off shouting, "THAT WAS AWESOME!"
Alec and my trip straight up in the air. It wasn't over fast enough for me.
Kirsten wanted to take her turn after Alec loved it so much. She told me at first that there was no way that she was getting on this ride. While Alec and I were strapping in to ride the first time, she decided that she wanted to get on. Alec wanted to go again and Stevie loved it too so he said that he would go again with the kids. I would have ridden it again so the kids did not go by themselves, but I was happy that he was willing to go with them.

No comments:

Post a Comment