Saturday, March 14, 2009

Busy Week

Kirsten and Claire started taking art about 2 years ago. They really enjoy taking from Ms. Vicki. Kirsten drew this daffodill picture on Tuesday and did the spin art as well. They enjoy the class also, because their friends are in the class also -- Margaret, Martha, Molly, Sophie and Scarlett as well as two other girls they do not know outside of art. Ms. Vicky always makes sure they draw something beautiful. Monday, I worked at the pharmacy and did not get any schoolwork done. Tuesday, we went running from 9:00 - 10:00; got ready for Tupelo and left by 11:00; got home at 3:00; went walking until 4:30; came home and got ready to get to Fit Kids in New Albany by 5:30 (I walked for an hour and then did spin class for an hour); came home to watch The Biggest Loser on TV and obviously did not do any school that day. I don't feel too bad about it though as the kids were able to run 2 miles without stopping and that hasn't happened in a while. I walked/ran 8 1/2 miles and rode a bike for an hour. Wednesday, my intention was to do a couple days worth of school in one, but that plan fell through, although we did get one day's worth accomplished. Thursday we did get two days worth done and started on Friday's work; after all it rained most of the day. I also went to the gym to run/walk and do another spin class. On Friday, I worked again and came home to extra kids at my house, so we had a very full week. I wish I could say that I was planning on doing nothing today except being lazy, but I need to run today and catch up on my housework. Don't you wish that housework would disappear forever?
I am attempting to do a run/walk program that I found in my runner's magazine that is supposed to get you ready to run a 5K in 10 weeks. Today is the last day of my third week and I am excited to say that I have done everything just as I am supposed to do. I will let you know next week if I can still be excited. The first week, I walked 5 minutes and ran 2 minutes and repeated that process 3 times (for a total of four times). The second week, I walked 5 minutes and ran 3 minutes and repeated again for a total of four times. This third week, I walked 5 minutes and ran 5 minutes for a total of three times. Next week, I am supposed to walk 5 minutes and run 8 minutes for a total of two times. I am really dreading that 8 minute run and I watch my time so carefully now when I only have to run 5 minutes. I am so tired at the end of 3, 4, and 5 minutes that I cannot imagine doing 8. But I said that last week about 5 minutes, so we will see what happens tomorrow. The program says to run 4 days a week and my schedule right now is Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, and Saturday. Of course, that means that I run Saturday and Sunday back to back but otherwise it works out pretty great. And I try to remember, what doesn't kill you makes you stronger. The kids are running a 5K on March 28 in Pontotoc and are really excited to see how well they can do. They are also running one on April 18 in Ripley and I am thinking about doing that one also, but I have not sent in my form yet, I wanted to see how the next couple of weeks go first. My run on Thursday, I went 3 miles total in 35 minutes so that is better than any of my previous 5K times.

No comments:

Post a Comment