Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Kirsten is 13 Years Old!!!

I cannot believe that my baby is 13!!! Scary thought!!! On her birthday, Kirsten requested a Mom and Daughter excursion to Tupelo. She wanted to spend her Hobby Lobby gift card, get stuff for her birthday party, and eat lunch somewhere yummy.
After we went to Hobby Lobby, I asked her if she wanted to go get her makeup done at the Clinique counter. She thought that would be fun, but she also had a few reservations about the experience.
Once she could see each step of the makeup process, she started grinning bigger and bigger. She could really tell the difference with just a little foundation, and was excited about each new addition to her face.
This look is with foundation, eye shadow, and a little blush.
This is the finished look -- completed by mascara and lip gloss. She was so excited and I know that she will remember getting this done on her 13th birthday.
After we were done being "super girly", we went to Applebee's for a fabulous meal. Kirsten wanted the chicken finger basket and I changed my mind about what I was going to order and got one of the same thing. We had to choose something non-carbonated to drink (because we have cut that from our diet for now) and we chose to drink lemonade. Mine was a pomegranate lemonade and Kirsten had the raspberry lemonade -- both were WONDERFUL!
After eating, we finished shopping and then drove home. Kirsten had to look in the mirror several times to "check her makeup" and I was thinking, "Boy, have I created a monster!"
We had a very fun day and I am glad that we got to spend it together.

No comments:

Post a Comment