Friday, October 16, 2009

The Memphis Zoo -- Gotta Love It!

On Friday, my kids and I tagged along with another homeschool group for a field trip to the Memphis Zoo. I love all zoo animals. If we lived closer to Memphis, we would have a family pass and go several times a year. It has been almost 2 years since we went to the zoo and we had a blast. I took over 400 pictures (just having fun with my camera and long zoom lens). I also let the kids have my smaller camera and together they took almost 300 pictures. They did a really good job and captured some great pictures.
The cheetah has always been one of my favorite animals -- so sleek and fast.
Kirsten's favorite animals are TIGERS, no matter the breed.
This gorilla is contemplating! He looks like he wants to make a break for the fence.
Fall picture time.
These wolves are part of the zoo's new Teton Trek exhibit. It was truly AWESOME! They did not have too many animals in it yet, but they are working on it still.
These bears are the main focus of this new exhibit. They played in the water almost the whole time we watched them. They are amazing.
They were playfully attacking each other and learning survival skills.
Kirsten and Alec sit on rocks by the beautiful fountain in front of the Lodge-like building.
Martha, AnnaBeth, and Kirsten -- best friends forever.
The girls strike a pose.
This animal (I forget what is is called) is pretty hungry to stand on its tiptoes to reach over the wall.
This colorful toucan makes for a great picture.
I always enjoy watching the pandas.
This momma monkey kept the baby behind her or hanging in front of her the whole time. It was so CUTE!
Imagine how much hay five giraffes can eat. Giraffes are so interesting to watch.
The fountain turns into a geyser at certain times -- so beautiful.
The BALD EAGLE -- so majestic! It makes my American heart swell with patriotism.
We loved the sea lion show.

3 comments:

  1. Great pictures! Will have to see the new exhibit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The kids loved to see the pictures of all the animals at the zoo. Could you make a disc of them for me, so they could see more? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We enjoyed spending the day with all of you!

    ReplyDelete