Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Ornament Tradition

Every year for Christmas, my Uncle Bruce and Aunt Susan, from Michigan, send all my father's grandkids a special and unique Christmas ornament. It is a tradition that they started when my siblings and I were born. We still have every ornament that they sent us from the year we were born until we started having children of our own. Each ornament is different from all of the others. I am sure that they spend a lot of time searching for that special ornament. One of my favorite ornaments that they sent me is a very fragile ornament in the shape of an egg with an wooden angel playing a tiny piano inside. I have not put this ornament on my tree since the children have been born and active, due to the fact that I am scared that it will get broken. This is especially true since we have four cats that come in and out as they please and love to attack all of those "vicious" ornaments hanging on the tree. One year, I got up in the morning and found 23 ornaments on the floor. We have since learned the fine art of a spray bottle and they leave it alone most of the time. The ornament tradition is one that all of the children look forward to every year and we so appreciate each and every one.

3 comments:

  1. I give each of my boys an ornament every year--love the tradition!

    I need to remember your spray bottle trick. Snowball nearly launched onto the tree from the top of the TV stand the other night.

    Have fun blogging!

    ReplyDelete