Saturday, July 31, 2010

The Countdown Has Begun!

This is my next to last weekend before school starts. We are going to be very busy next week participating in a Spartan running camp. Alec and I will leave tomorrow to check in by 6:00 and then he will stay until Wednesday after lunch, when Kirsten starts her half of the week. It is looking to be a very hot week and this camp does not have air, except for in the dining area. I am so not looking forward to that, but the kids are so excited to be with their friends. I am sure that the coach will keep them very busy and they will be exhausted by the time their half is over. Kirsten and I will come home on Saturday after the camp is cleaned up. I am hoping that this week speeds by, but I am afraid that the nights will be so dreadful (I can't sleep when I am hot) that it will be never-ending. I, however, plan on taking my big girl pill and toughing it out. Yes, that's how much I love my kids. After camp is over, I will work on Monday and then we start school on Tuesday. I cannot believe that the summer is over already (I just wish the weather knew that, HA HA!) I am trying to get excited about the school year, but I am so not there yet. The kids are not ready either, but I think that once we get started that we will all find some enjoyment in it. Kirsten is starting 7th grade and Alec is starting 5th grade. Can't believe that my babies are that old already. After this year, Kirsten will only have 5 more years of school -- UNBELIEVABLE! She loves to tell me that she is almost a teenager -- SCARY!

No comments:

Post a Comment