Monday, March 29, 2010

This Is Not Humorous!

While I was at work today, Kirsten was playing on the tire swing and the whole swing came crashing down with her on it. My Mom called me at work and told me that I might want to come home and see it. I am not one who gets concerned about bumps and scrapes very easily, but I came home anyway. I first took her to my chiropractor who x-rayed and said that her humerus bone was indeed fractured.
He suggested that we go to the orthopaedic doctor just to be on the safe side. He was pretty sure that the growth plate was not involved but wanted a second opinion. The second doctor agreed with the first one and Kirsten will be in a sling for at least three weeks and will not be allowed to run or to train or compete in any of the upcoming athletic events that we had been planning on. But she is a real trooper and is being a good patient. I asked her if breaking her humerus bone was humorous, but I did not get much of a laugh out of her.

3 comments:

  1. Kirsten, sorry to hear this news but glad it wasn't worse.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Julie! I hate to hear this! Wishing Kirsten comfort in her healing and praying for a quick recovery!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Bless her heart. She's such a trooper! Her smile and sweet attitude was the same yesterday. Wonder who she gets that from? :)
    This Too Shall Pass! Enjoy the petting Kirsten, it won't last for long! Love you all.

    ReplyDelete