Tuesday, February 16, 2010

What Can Be Better Than Snow Cream?

Yesterday morning, we woke up to a beautiful surprise -- soft, fluffy SNOW! When we went to bed, the weather forecast was just rain. The winter storm watch had been cancelled. I guess God had plans for snow that He did not share with the weatherman. Before I left for work, the kids ran outside and gathered up two huge bowls of snow so that they could make snow cream.
Kirsten enjoys a big bowl of vanilla snow cream.
Alec chose to eat chocolate ice cream. This is a true treat that we do not get to partake of very often. In other news, I learned something new about the printer at work. This printer is prone to paper jams. I am used to being able to un-jam said printer. However, yesterday, the paper jam was in a very unreachable location. I pulled and prodded and pushed and tugged and thought that I had removed all of the paper. The printer had other ideas and it was still beeping that there was a paper jam. I reached in the printer from another location and discovered that the drum inside was super HOT! (Did you know that there are thermal printers and that they reach 500 degrees?) I had no idea that this printer held that kind of temperature. The tips of two of my fingers are burned pretty deep and I was an unhappy camper for a few hours. I did treat them with some burn cream immediately and they are feeling much better. I have very little feeling in the tips of these two fingers and I am trying to be careful to not knock off the blisters on the tips. They blistered up almost immediately and I thought that they were burned worse than they are, so I am grateful that they are better.

No comments:

Post a Comment