Thursday, July 23, 2009

Beautiful Weather!!! In July???

We have been spending a lot of time outside these last few days. The weather has been fantastic. Even the rainy days have slowed some and we have spent part of the day outside. I must confess that we have not been doing yard work or house work -- we have been playing croquet. We haven't just played a game or two -- we have played an hour or two or even five on some days. Nobody wants to be inside and we all (even the children) enjoy playing the game. The number of people playing is always changing as some of the kids get tired and do other things and then they wander back to play some more. But, today we did get in some other exercise. I have been trying to walk/run more anyway, but today I walked 4 miles, then biked 6 3/4 miles, then this evening we biked the same distance again. Kirsten and Alec went with me both times. The first time (in the morning) my sister and her two kids went with use. This evening my brother and his two kids went with us. Needless to say, I think I will sleep GOOD tonight. Did I plan on biking at all this morning? No. but the weather was so perfect for biking and the kids were begging to go, so I decided WHY NOT? I think I will enjoy working tomorrow to get a little rest. HA!HA!

No comments:

Post a Comment