Friday, June 12, 2009

Running Camp

Just got back from running camp last night and all I got done was uploading my 510 pictures -- Yikes! Several of the moms could not stay and take pictures and most of them are my "blogging" buddies so I was the unofficial photographer for the camp. I tried to get a picture of every camper doing every activity and we had 20 boys and 22 girls, so I was pretty busy.
This is our group of boys on Wednesday morning right before they had to leave for home. Ms. Heather worked them so hard and they all went to bed without complaining, sometimes before 9 o'clock -- even the big boys. They played well together, worked out well together, and ran well together. I enjoyed the time that I was able to spend with them.
This is the group of girls last night, shortly before I had to leave to come home. Ms. Heather graciously changed her schedule so that I could take pictures of the girls doing the same activities that the boys participated in. She knew that I was leaving on Thursday and could not take pictures on Friday. I miss being at camp with the girls but I am thankful for each girl who was at camp and the sweet spirit that was present in each of them. I will try to post more pictures later, but I do not have time this morning before work to go through the pictures and pick out my favorites. I don't think anybody wants me to post them all. HA HA! I have to work all day today and then Alec is running in a 5K tonight at 9:30. He is excited about running at night. Then tomorrow I may go back to running camp and help them clean up. It's a crazy life but someone has to do it.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I could have gone!! I miss everybody so much!! I'm glad to see that Shelby Grant was able to make it, she's in the ballet class I help teach.

    Hannah

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie,
    I just wanted to thank-you so much for taking all those pictures and also for helping out all week at the camp! I know you must be tired, but I am so grateful for you!
    Lynn :) Can't wait to see other pics!

    ReplyDelete